I recreated this quinoa salad about a year ago after eating it at a restaurant. I played around with the ingredients and used my go-to olive oil and apple cider vinegar dressing. It is quick and easy to prepare, healthy and delicious! This salad has now become a staple at my house. It is filling enough to be eaten as a main meal (if you add the nuts) but also makes a great side dish. I sometimes add in other leafy greens and nuts but the basic recipe is as follows:
Ingredients: (serves 4-5)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cucumber
- I head of romaine lettuce (or equivalent amount of mixed greens)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup extra virgin cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 TBSP Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, dice the cucumber and red pepper and add to a large bowl. Wash, dry, and chop the lettuce, then add to the bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients including the cooked quinoa to the bowl. Stir well to combine.
*you can add more or less of the ingredients based on your personal preferences. Feel free to add in other leafy greens as well.