I was trying to figure out a quick meal after an unexpected errand left me with only about half an hour to make dinner tonight. I checked the freezer and found some chickpeas I had soaked and cooked last week, opened the fridge and saw the guacamole I had bought from Costco a few days ago, and voila! I combined them in a wrap along with garlic, spices, and greens and they turned out delicious.
My daughter even turned to me after her first couple of bites, put her hand on my arm and said “you make the best food”.
These chickpea and guacamole wraps are quick and easy to whip up on a busy weeknight. They are vegan, packed with protein, fibre, and healthy fat.
Recipe (makes 6 wraps)
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas (1 cup dry or 2 cans drained)
- 1.5 cups Guacamole
- 6 handfuls of baby kale and arugula (or other greens of choice).
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 gluten-free tortillas (or regular tortillas if you can tolerate gluten)
1. Heat the oil in a pot on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook 2-3 mins, stirring often until garlic is lightly browned. Add the chickpeas, cumin, coriander, and salt and cook 5-6 minutes until chickpeas are slightly crispy. Remove from heat.
2. Spread 1/4 cup guacamole over the middle of the tortilla. Add a handful of greens and 1/2 cup chickpeas. Fold into a wrap and enjoy!